Sunday, November 29, 2009

Velvet "Underground"


Let me tell you guys a little story:

Around the end of the summer I was invited to take a glance at a place I had never heard of before: Le Velvet.

At first, under the raw light of preparation time, that place appeared to be a cute little underground lounge made of rocks and candle wax, but when I came back this week-end, I fell in love with it. Big time.

I had been invited for my cousin's birthday party and all the factors and details to make a night amazing were present; it was almost like if all the charm and sensuality of the Vieux-Port was meeting into a huge rustic living room.

The music there was (and is often is if I am not mistaken) the best selection of tech-house, tech and minimal tracks on earth. People are very classy, polite and often very beautiful. The personnel is kind, respectful and comprehensive. The alcohol is so good, you don't even see your wallet pouring the bills. What more are you asking for?

Briefly, I had a lot of fun so next time you are planning on going out and dance on good music, hear yourself talk and taste awesome drinks, Velvet is the place. I'll let you judge by the pictures I took that sexy night.

Have a wonderful week everyone!















PS: If you guys understood the title reference to the wonderful Andy Warhol, you made me proud.

1 comment:

  1. sick place!

    tes-tu allé voir Jori Hulkonnen, Mike Mind et TVP la semaine derniere la bas?

    ReplyDelete