Friday, October 23, 2009

I shall name my daughter... Marvin Gaye



...And she better be proud of it.

When you think about it, it's actually not as absurd as it seems... it's a great possibility. A lot of people conceive to the sounds of Let's Get It On, Sexual Healing, or Distant Lover, to name a few. Marvin Gaye's music is sex personified.

"Get up, get up, get up, get up, let's make love tonight"

With stressful midterms to study for, I took a break from electro this week, going back to one of my favorite artists of all time. Marvin Gaye is always there for me, making feel warm and cozy when it's cold out, calming me down when my stress-meter reaches the critical stage, and being a constant ray of sunshine, even when it gets dark out at 5pm.

"Brilliant, enigmatic, and headstrong, Marvin Gaye was an innovator. In 2009, he would have been 70 years old, and it has been 25 years since his tragic death. But today Marvin remains as influential and exciting as ever: Rolling Stone recently named him one of the greatest singers of all time." (http://classic.motown.com) 


It is true, his music is eternal, and is still as strong today as it was decades ago. While older generations cannot forget Marvin and the impact his music had across racial and territorial boundaries, younger generations today have accepted and adopted Marvin Gaye as a musical icon and continue to celebrate his music.

"You know we've got to find a way... To bring some lovin' here today - Ya"


I'ma "stop beatin' round the bush". Let me share with you some of my favorite songs, signed Marvin Gaye.










No comments:

Post a Comment